Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Healthy Banana Oatmeal Muffins
Both types of rolled oats may be eaten uncooked, as in muesli, or may be cooked with water to make porridge. In some countries, rolled oats are eaten raw with milk and sugar, sometimes with raisins added, like a basic muesli. Porridge is served in many ways. In some Western countries, porridge is served with milk or cream and a sweetener, such as brown sugar. The term “oatmeal” sometimes refers to porridge made from the bran or fibrous husk as well as the oat kernel or groat. Rolled oats are often used as a key ingredient in granola breakfast cereals (in which toasted oats are blended with sugar and/or nuts and raisins) and granola bars.
Rolled oats are also used as an ingredient in oatmeal cookies, oatcakes, British flapjack bars and baked oatmeal dessert dishes such as Apple Brown Betty and Apple Crisp. Oats may also be added to foods as an accent, as in the topping on many oat bran breads and as the coating on Caboc cheese. Oatmeal is also used as a thickening agent in thick, savoury Arabic or Egyptian meat-and-vegetable soups, and sometimes as a way of adding relatively low-cost fibre and nutritional content to meatloaf.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats.
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
This “healthy banana oatmeal muffins” recipe is from: Healthy Vegan
Healthy Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 small apple, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- In a bowl, cover oats with water and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Drain oats and add to a large bowl along with raisins, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flaxseed, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a separate bowl, lightly beat eggs and mix with milk and peanut butter. Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir to combine. In another small bowl, toss together apple and remaining cinnamon.
- Divide oat mixture among 12 medium-sized muffin cups. Top each with an even amount of the apple and cinnamon mixture.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Serve with a drizzle of maple syrup.
“Healthy Oatmeal Muffins Recipe“, discovered on: RedBookMag.com
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 3 cups rolled oats or old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 cup bananas, mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, sugar, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- In a medium bowl combine eggs, honey, mashed bananas, vanilla, milk and coconut oil.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, do not overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter evenly into prepared muffin tin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set and the tops are slightly brown.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then remove to cool completely.
“Healthy banana chocolate chip muffins recipe” discovered on: ChefSavvy.com
Healthy Banana muffins
3 ripe bananas, mashed
75g rolled oats (¾ cup)
½ cup milk
1 small handful of chopped walnuts (optional)
¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
260g wholemeal flour (2 cups)
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F). Line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, maple syrup and vanilla extract, until well combined. The mixture should appear fluffy with bubbles starting to form. Mix in the mashed bananas, walnuts and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the rolled oats, wholemeal flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the banana mix to the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon, until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between the 12 cases.
- Bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin pan. Turn out carefully onto a wire rack to cool completely. If you like you can top them with a slice of fresh banana.
Banana muffins healthy recipe, discovered on: https://www.kaylaitsines.com